Friday, November 18, 2011

Rear Shock Link Plate Options. Part 1

I have been thinking about getting the HRC F3 rear shock link plate cut out of some 5mm thick 6061-T6 Aluminium. Probably using an abrasive water jet cutter.

So while I am thinking about it I might as well do a few drawings I guess.
For the standard link plate I just measured my own one.
I got the HRC F3 link plate geometry info from NSR-World.com.


For those who want to be difficult and use a link plate that is a compromise between to two plates shown above: Well OK, ...  here you go. Note that I have curved the sides slightly to make it distinctive and easily recognisable.


If anyone else wants to do the same, here are the .dxf files needed by the cutting machines:
Standard MC18 Link Plate
HRC F3 MC18 Link Plate  (linked to correct file 09-Nov-2012)
Compromise MC18 Link Plate

I have taken all care, but will accept NO responsibility. OK. Do at own risk, blah, blah, etc.

[Edit -19/05/2013: I have been using the Compromise link plates on my bike and am quite happy with them. The HRC plates are really only suited to the track. As the shock compresses it gets very stiff very quickly due to the increased rising rate caused by the HRC link plate geometry]

No comments:

Post a Comment